Glen Burnie Baptist Church was established on May 5, 1946, with 57 members. After two interim and two short-term pastors, Dr. Cline L. Vice began his ministry on December 3, 1950 and served faithfully until his retirement on June 30, 1978. During his 27 1/2 year ministry, membership quadrupled and giving increased tremendously.
Rev. James E. Bishop served as Interim Pastor from July 1978 until February 1980 at which time he retired as a Major from the Army and became our full-time pastor. Rev. Bishop retired on August 31, 1991.
Dr. Carroll Camp began his ministry at Glen Burnie on June 31, 1992 and served faithfully until September 30, 2007. He has previously served as Senior Pastor and on the foreign mission field in Kenya.
Glen Burnie Baptist Church started as a small building completed in April 1949. it has grown into a larger brick building, dedicated September 1954, and an educational building, dedicated in 1970. In 1996, we completed further renovation and construction to accomodate our ever growing fellowship, nursery and pre-school departments.
We also have been involved in starting mission churches in the Glen Burnie, Odenton and Severn areas. We believe it is the mission of all Christians to spread the Word of God.