Here at Glen Burnie Baptist Church, we place a great priority on Bible Study. Studying the Bible is not an activity just for children and students, we believe that adults need to continue to study God’s Word to grow and mature in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ as well. There are several opportunities available for group and personal Bible Study:
Our Sunday School is at 9:30 am every Sunday. The classes for children and students are grouped primarily by age and school grade. Meanwhile, our adult classes are divided primarily into three different departments:
Adult 2: Co-ed and men’s classes for adults in their 20’s through their 60’s
Adult 3: Co-ed, men’s and ladies’ classes for adults in their 50’s and beyond
Like most Southern Baptist churches, we are a missions-minded fellowship of believers. Children and adults alike have many opportunities to learn about and take part in various missions throughout our area, nation and world.
We have several small group Bible Studies that meet throughout the week. Most of them will start the week of June 4. Take a look below and find one that you are interested in or meets your needs! Please check the calendar to see the up to date schedule.
- GBBC Prayer Group
- Meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in the Payer Chapel at church. Come and join other church members in praying for our church and its members!
- Ladies’ Small Group – Studying the book “Stuck” – visit online trailer
- Meets on Mondays at 7 pm in room 309 at the church. Ladies join Claudia Spiro starting on Mon June 4 for this small group!
- Food For Thought
- Meets on Wednesdays at 10 am at the church. Come and join Pastor Doug Alberts starting Wed June 6!
- Men’s Small Group- Study is called “Tell Someone”
- Meets on Thursdays at 7 pm at Doug Huntzberry’s home starting on Thu June 7. Come and learn the basics of what it means to be a disciple and how to be a disciple maker!
A person spends a few hours a week at the church at the most. Because of this, a person has more opportunities to grow in their personal relationship with Christ through their own daily Bible study and prayer than they do at church. Because of this, we offer an extensive library for members to check out books, videos and other products that can help individuals and families in their daily walk with God.